Thursday 27 August 2009

Queer Query #14: One Year ?

Yesterday as i graciously entered my GYM, i was met by the receptionist, and this what happened,

Receptionist: Hi Q, whats your ID No.
Me: hmm the ID is #####
Receptionist: Oh... your "annual" membership just expired time to renew it
Me: eshta!

The thing is, when i came back to Cairo the first week i came i did my GYM membership, so by the guy telling me my annual membership is due.. that practically means i have been back in Cairo for a full year.

1 full year back in Cairo !! ONE COMEPLETE FULL YEAR BACK IN CAIRO (okay maybe 25% of this year i was abroad due to work and shit) but still one year resident of good old Cairo... so what have i acheived in this full year of cairo... how have i grown up more how have i matured more what have i changed or accomplished in this one year
  • Stopped having one night stands for a full a year
  • Lost 13 kilos (i love my gym) ( oh and also its ramadan so i have feeling i might be regaining the whole of this year weight loss in one month!!)
  • Finished paying off one of my credit cards and brought down the second to 25% of what i use to owe (which trust me is alot!!!!!)
  • Done two European Cities, actually if you count 1 year and a 1 month it would be 5 European Cities.. i like to travel and i like Europe so on yearly basis i try to make my trip to a new city every time rather than doing the bulk in one go
  • Have worked on my relationship with my brother (it still is a work in progress)
  • Starting to exit the gay scene slowly but doesnt mean i am turning straight or ditching some of my close gay friends.. its just means slowly exiting the pop scene
  • Rising up in work
  • oh and how could i forget becoming more Spiritual
well i have done much more than that i am sure... OH SHOPPING!!! SHOOPPPINNG oh but every year i do shopping so nothing too much here BUT I LOVE SHOPPING OH THOSE NEW PRADAs and MARC JACOBS and DOLCES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! OKAY they cant really be counted as an accomplishment can they oh for fuck sake of course they can..!!!!!!!! we love marc jacobs!! and Dolce & Gabana (not the cheap shit d&g with letters, no the actual full name DOLCE & GABANA)


so one year done and one year to go!! so whats next year wishes ... what do i want for next year...
well very simple...
  • i want my fat percent to go down from 16% to 12/10%
  • be closer to owning my house/apartment
  • work on reconnecting with some of my old straight friends and make new straight friends while retaining my really good gay friends
  • oh speaking of friends my best friend is moving back to cairo in a month so YIPPPIEEEEEEEEEEEEE ... we are going to watch old movies in his house!!
  • i want some more of Dolce & Gabana and Marc Jacobs,,... and i want to own something Hermes, suprisignly i dont have that Capital H belt or a nice wallet from them yet!!!
CONGRATS TO ONE YEAR TO ME IN CAIRO AND MAY MY NEXT YEAR BE FULL OF HAPPINIESS SUPRIFICIALNESS AND IN THE SAME TIME SPIRITIUALITY

1 comment: