Saturday 20 June 2009

Queer Query #7: DO I REALLY I NEED TO HAVE A TITLE FOR THE POST ?

18 days since i posted, 11 days since my birthday and been across three different cities in the Arab world... planning a European destination holiday in august.. 2 of my closest friends in Egypt or moving out of Egypt.. new friends are being made... "seeing" a 19 year old, okay technically he will be 5 days... body fat percentage down by 2.5% and weight down by 3.5 kilos ... almost at my target of 12-13 percent body fat percentage ... got a new Mont Blanc ring, bag, wallet for my birthday .... a couple of new Jeans and T-Shirts... a couple of interesting parties ... frenimies made truce...made a new interesting friend, who asked me to add him to facebook... lounged a day on the pool in one of my favourite spots in cairo... i guess what i am saying this was hell of a busy 18 days ..

so what do i blog about what should this new post entry be about should it be about friends leaving should it be one a birthday party that was hmm interesting and amazing in its own right.. do i talk about how different two arab cities can be so much of each other and how it just reaffirms my non belief in NON PAN ARABISM .. or do i talk about plans to Europe Part 6 ... or do i talk about my interesting ring with an interesting inscription or is it the 19 year old boy ?
usually you would want me to talk about the boys because suprisingly SEX... SELLS ... so no i wont do that.. i wont put myself in that strata of the common

Today i would do something mmm a bit interesting i would be giving you an insight into me. who am i. and by who am i ... i dont mean my name... i mean WHO and WHAT makes me.. ME.

  1. Q = simple succesful guy
  2. Q = a hot guy
  3. Q = a party boy
  4. Q = a workholic
  5. Q = fashion loving whore (i mean simple and not to flambouyant things)
  6. Q = a complex guy (contridicting to point 1)
  7. Q = Gemini ( i thought you would have figured that out from 1 & 6)
  8. Q = MUSIC LOVER (house music mostly)
  9. Q = Travel Addict
  10. Q = A Cunt/Bastard
  11. Q = Exhibisitionist
  12. Q = Out of the closet (i think i forgot to paint the rainbow on my forehead because some people just dont realize it yet)
  13. Q = A Social Guy, one can never enough friends or acquitenances, people are one of the most important assests in the world
  14. Q = is in search of a spiritual balance and is finding it at the moment in ISLAM (dont be shocked)
  15. Q = Big Nerd when it comes to the IT industry
  16. Q = has a good knoweldge of different plan types and their seating patterns (A321, 320, 319, 330, 380, Boeing 747, 737, 787) yet he is not a cabin crew or never has been a cabin crew or dated a cabin crew
  17. Q = a guy who has lived in 6 different cities, so he has the experiance of picking himself up and making new friends where ever he goes
  18. Q = a politcally aware guy
the list goes on and on and on and on i mean come on i am perfect guy seriously i am i am not joking but i am the perfect catch but i am SINGLE... hmmmm something not right here!!!

is it something wrong with me.. is the Mirror i see myself in, is lying to me by telling me i am the most handsom, sexy, intelligent, worldly guy in Egypt... or are all the other guys fuckers... hmmm ? am i too picky

Lets be fair i have had my share of dates for a while, where i go on a coffee date or a drink date with a guy.. and however i dont usually end up clicking, always i can find something wrong with them
  1. K = compulsive liar, image oriented guy, who thinks just becuase he can go to a certain egyptian club that makes him COOL
  2. C = has a boyfriend in the states and dont live here
  3. VC = was 19 year old but had the brains of a 26 year old and has also done an internship before starting his uni, actually he was a good guy but i guess i wasnt ble to grab his attention so yes this was my fault(will explain later what i did wrong)
  4. M = the 19 year old i am seeing now but he is just 19 thats says it all but somehow he attracts me
  5. K-1 = a very interesting guy but again my fault, couldnt get him interested
  6. GV = a very interesting guy, but sort of dating a guy but even before he dated that guy i wasnt able to get him more interested in more than friends, not that i actually tried
  7. B = hmmm again my fault
  8. Guy from the Gym = damn i until now cant even master the courage to talk to him
i think the usual problem with me is that i come off as too strong, way to self confident and also i think the fact that i am out to some of my friends and some certain members of my family sort of threatens a person ... but its mostly i come off as too strong... for example with VC & k-1 & GV i did come off as too much too handle... that i am high maintenance that i am basically a handfull of a guy who had experianced a lot... when in reality ... ok i guess in away or another there might be some truth to that ... but maybe i can tone it down a bit,

Actually ever since my move back to Egypt ten months ago, i did learn how to tone it down a bit, but not alot i dont want to loose who i am .. and what makes me ... ME... its my sass!! my witt!! my attitude!!

oh well what to do ....

Personally i didnt believe i am made for Egypt, i didnt believe egypt can handle me... when i say that people might directly think to the worst.. that i am some sort of queeny flambouyant boy.. no i mean Egypt is not ready for my thought.. my brain.. my dreams .. my hopes ... my plans... but some how i have grown acoustmed to get use to live with Egypt and make the best of it while still keeping my idealogy and thoughts intact ... what thoughts are we talking about.. hmm thats another post(s) in itself... its called Q Theory (not to be confused with Queer Theory)

i keep asking myself am i going to be living here with another four years ? (thats when i become 30) am i going to do normal thing and runaway like others in search of a life where and i qoute a guy who i was with last night "where people wont point at you and look at you" becuase you are different a place where i dont have to act extra butch just to try to conceal the hint that i might be a HOMO ... or would i be in Egypt, would i find a guy who i would settle with and live a private life with him and stay in Egypt till hmm i get grey hair (never going to have salty hair!!)

basically today post is about nothing and everything .. its just me "rambling" to myself hence why i really couldnt think of a suitable title


Welcome to my world ,
Q

3 comments:

  1. My comment to this post is on my blog :))

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And about the title , you can call it "Ramblings of a 20 sthg guy" :P

    ReplyDelete